Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Ketchup..

Well you just have to blink and its already February, which seems a long time since my last post. Guess Ive been living in the real world! And jolly nice it is too. Spurned on by Boogaloo and Stattmatt (Welcome to the Darkside by the way..!) Ive had a revamp and the next installment of my life online takes place here. 

October seems so far away to be honest, I actually had such a brilliant time in Berlin Im not sure Ive thanked Dave, my honest true friend and guide - enough for the time out there, it really was great. I really love travel, a bit too much, and feel in a way I havent really had the chance to do that enough in my life. Ive always loved chucking the bike in the back of the car and just driving, see where I end up, but there are people who have done that on a global scale and I have to say I am quite envious of that opportunity - its a way of letting go and trying to find yourself at the same time. People's lives are different though so I dont begrudge it - it would be nice to able to draw on that. though. I have to say I am looking forward so much to two holidays this year with my beautiful girlfriend and her daughter - it will be so much fun and great to get away from the daily life - and to spend time with the people I love - thats so important. 

Whats happening in the world of music? Well in my own, not a lot, though I have grand production and completion visions in my head, the practical side is far from perfection and I should find the time and inclination to draft and produce the various half songs I have lurking in my head and Logic 8. Otherwise its a waste, right?

In the real world, exciting things are happening. I was lucky enough to win tickets to see Richard Hawley at the Apple Store in London, and genius it was too. He is legend and I am really into his music. Years ago a friend leant me 'Late Night Final' and at the time I couldnt have thought of anything more duller. Now, now I know how wrong I was. The man is a genius and I have got three of his albums now, he really is worth checking out. 

New (and connected to Richard by way of production / co performance) is A Girl Called Eddy, from who I have downloaded Tears All Over Town, and will be purchasing more. The tip came from the Stuart Maconie and Mark Radcliffe show on Radio 2 some time ago, but recently spotting the Hawley connection my interest was increased.

also, check out Stephen Fretwell, his new one is reall good and Magpie, the album before, is a complete classic. Non pretentious, non commercial, honest singer songrwriting, is halfway there, but doesnt do it justice. 

And I still love Arcade Fire.

-----

My personal life remains personal but to be able to share it with someone so wonderful, beautiful and amazing, is no less than a God send. Honestly. 

Well I guess you cant top that so at this point I shall bow out with a doff of my cap and a cheery goodbye. Toodlepip!

No comments: