Monday, September 13, 2010

Back to the Blog!



Here I am! Spurned on by another blogger, I have returned to the fold - for more updates and I fear, a bit more rambling than before, but hey, I'm a bit older now so am therefore entitled to express my own opinion in a way that amuses me and is vicariously published in an anonymous way (apart from those who actually know me).

I like blogging, I have decided, and I also like Twitter. I do not, however, like Facebook. Those who know me, know this already. It feeds into my overtly paranoid conspiratorial privacy minded existence, meaning that I am unwilling to connect to others or expose my existence to the outside world. Imagine that, a human being, unwilling to expose their own existence to others. But there it is. I think the digital age does give us a choice however, up until the point where we surrender that choice. We already do that, whenever we access digital services, sign up to anything, or even do a Google search. We like to think we are in control of it, and in a sense, we are, however none of us ever read those Terms and Conditions before we click 'accept', which means companies can sell our information to others for market research purposes, moreover for the social marketing and research that goes on. Do you know your Experian Mosaic class? "Experian's Mosaic UK combines over 400 separate data sources and divides the UK adult population into 61 different types and eleven groups covering the full spectrum of British and Northern Ireland society. In addition to the 2001 Census, data sources for Mosaic UK include the ‘edited’ electoral roll, Experian's lifestyle information, house price data, council tax returns, consumer credit behaviour and ONS local area statistics."

For that reason, I'm out.

Sooo.. onto more exciting and relevant things. I am back in the festival ways! Having had my soul and spirit crushed in the name of emotional compliance for a couple of years, I am back with the heavyweight jams having gone to Glastonbury this year!!! It was excellent - and I really like it for the fact that you can Choose Your Own Festival. You can do what you want and that doesn't always involve the music. I will definitely return, when funds and company allow, to experience Avalon Fields and the acoustic tent, which I unfortunately missed. Highlights were the amazing Florence and the Machine, Pet Shop Boys, Editors and The Orb. Fantastic.


We like.

Also, checkout The Suburbs, the new Arcade Fire album (I still bloody love them) and Neko Case, thanks to my friend Dave. She is excellent.



I am noticing a flame-haired songstress trend here..!

Much more is happening here on Planet Canary, of which may well be divulged as we go on. What is interesting is reading my own blog back to 2006, cringing at times, but a some time worthwhile record of life thus far. Stay tuned.


No comments: