Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Busy times!

Blimey. If I havent got something to worry or moan about Im not happy, but I have to say the past couple of weeks have been jam packed with events I have hardly had time to catch up with myself or realise where I am! Ive had an awesome ride in a helicopter which considering this time last year I had never ever flown before, Ive done quite well having gone to Italy in the summer in one of those plane thingys. The helicopter journey was absolutely out of this world and the more I look back on it was one of the highlights if my time on planet earth, amazing.

Nearly 30..

11 days to go for me. My friend Carl had his on the 27th so we're all getting older!

Depeche Mode..

On the second I went with my mate Rob to see the MIGHTY DEPECHE MODE!!! at Wembley Arena. It was absolutely awesome, I cannot overstate that enough. Im watching the One Night In Paris DVD as a reminder of seeing them live, what a fantastic gig. They did plenty of older stuff, which was suprising in a way but very well received. Highlights from me were Walking In My Shoes (which must be my all time favourite DM song), from Songs of Faith and Devotion - a note about that album, its a must for any spiritual journey - and Home, from Ultra, they were really, really good. The set and show (directed by Anton Corbijn) was really excellent. Got a T shirt, and Programme. Im wearing it now (the T-shirt, not the program)

I saw Pink Floyd live, which was my first ever gig, which is hard to beat. Favourite band? Right now, DM, all the way.

Back to work..

Im starting to think I have it easy, the second three day week. Its hard work, but Im starting to realise the work life balance is as much about me putting effort into the life side of it as I do work. Of course if I had my way no one would have to work to live, but considering thats probably a vaguely Communist sentiment, I cant see that happengin in this day and age.

Old friends..

This week Ive seen two old friends, one I havent seen for a while and one I havent seen for three years! It was good to see both.

Well Ive typed a fair bit, might have to write some music later. Im itching to get on the synth I feel there is so much more I can do but its about being in the right frame of mind. Im also trying to prolong the time before tomorrow comes and I have to go back to work. Dammit.

But so far so good today. Thats enough typing for now, you can tell when Ive had a drink.

No comments: