Thursday, July 19, 2007

May, June, July..

Time goes by doesnt it? Well where are we now? I went away in April for a week, needed some time to myself (which wasnt enough I suppose) but had a good time, over my brithday. I went to Devizes for a bit (no reason, thats just where I ended up in the car, Id never been there before) and did some cycling round Wiltshire, very nice indeed. Meet some nice people where I was staying, and when I spoke to mum turns out I stayed in the same hotel she stayed at on her honeymoon on the way to Wales. Now thats a bit spooky. After that I went to my best mate Robs to celebrate my brithday and had a good night and next day chilling out. After that I went down to Arundel, and a bit of a mammoth bike ride tour round to worthing and back. Excellent! It was a good break, and also managed to get a new silver cross and chain as my birthday present from mum and Sarah (thanks) to replace the one I lost.

And so back to work, and with the other house falling through I managed to find a new one Im really pleased with and hopefully should be moving in soon. Its going to be really tight as I havent been good on the credit card doh (not that Im reacting to recent events or anything!) but I cant tell you how much Im looking forward to my own place. Just closing the door behind me, having some quiet time, sitting in the garden with my pipe, a book and a pint, that sort of thing! And being able to do some music too. I just need time to think on my own and im not sure thats going to be entirely healthy but youve got to get up to get down. No wait, thats dancing. You know what I mean.

Anyhoo.. where have I been recently?

Went to Hyde Park Calling, saw the awesome Crowded House and the amazing peter Gabriel, caught up with my friend Jenny (Italy) and had a general good time all round.



I also had a great time at Latitude festival!! A few minor grumbles but i wont go into them here. The Good The Bad and The Queen were amazing, so spot on sonically and performance wise, no nonsense, its a fantastic album which does take a bit of getting used to but the were the highlight, only marginally in front of the Arcade Fire, which might just be my New Favourite Band, they were awesome. Also good were CSS, Cherry Ghost, the Hitchcock film 'The Lodger' which was accompanied by a new score from a live orchestra, the Puppini Sisters, which were great (and the red head is gorgeous), Roger McGough (brilliant), painted sheep, (not an act, actual painted sheep) Air Traffic, the band with Robin Ince Book Club whos name I forget (two gavins and a something? Very good). And the Dj in the cabaret tent played out one night with dance versions of tracks from Bugsy Malone! Took me back to my youth!

So now Im back and still in festival mode, but cant wait for the house to happen. Going to stop rambling now, more soon from my head to your computer.

1 comment:

sarah said...

Dance versions of Bugsy Malone must be brilliant!!!