Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Aha!

Well hello again.. I couldnt think of a title but as I'm listening to A-ha, and I havent posted for a little while (theres a suprise) I thought it seemed apt! If you havent bought the Analogue album by our fine Norwegian friends, then do it now! Yes, right now!

House

Well its got to be the main news hasnt it, I am FINALLY in my new house, and its amazing, Im so, so pleased, and feel so relaxed and at home here already. I moved in on the 9th (if you know me you should have had an Edward Hopper postcard telling you that!) and apart from getting a sofa bed for the spare room, Im sorted! I have to say an immense thank you (as always) to Rob, who helped me move, and who I couldnt do most things without it seems. Thank you!

Its really nice here, lovely 'q' street, in a little village, and i feel really at home. I barely watch the telly (£28, eBay) cos Im often sitting in the kitchen listening to the fantastic DAB radio Rob got me as a moving in present, just reading the paper, chilling out etc, or on my very nice Ilva sofa, listening to music. I have garden furniture arriving Friday! Just in time for summer?

Anyway Im really pleased, its a new way of living I suppose, and it feels like I have started again after 9 years of renting, the last year and half of which was forced sharing, which wasnt ideal at all. 6 months ago I was leading a completely different life, its incredible how fast things change.

For now I am trying to sort myself out but at least I feel very content within these walls. One thing I have to do is stop spending too much money i dont have, which is hard for me..!

Miscellaneous Activities

Well I have been busy really, since April Ive been doing Ceroc on and off (more off than on recently). its quite good fun. Last week I went to a wedding, well, I was filming it so I was kind of there by default, but it was a great day. Ive also been trying to train for the BHF Cycle the Wight ride in September. Note trying..

Well its just a quick update really, i thought Id write more but turns out I havent..

Musically, can I recommend...



Arcade Fire (Of Course! Buy them now!)



Richard Hawley, fantastic new album 'Lady's Bridge'



and The Good The Bad and The Queen, brilliant.

Im sure there are others, I forget. Oh well. To the ale..!

Catch up soon..

No comments: